1) I literally sweat chlorine. I had heard of this happening, but honestly, I didn't realize the extent to which the smell of chlorine would take over my life. I wake up in the morning and my pillow, sheets, clothes and skin smell like I left them on the pool deck over night. Good thing I love the smell!
2) All of the analogies I use to understand Anatomy and Physiology concepts use swimming somehow...Elevated heart rate? I know how that goes. Elevated CO2 levels? I know exactly how that feels. Oh well...at least I'm passing the class, right?
3) Whenever I find myself "window" shopping online, I seem to find myself on SwimOutlet.com looking at suits, caps, goggles, etc. I might not be super fast, but I will be the most stylish girl in the pool!
4) The words taper, intervals, kick set, and drills have never been in my vocabulary as much as they have been in the last 4 months.
5) My shoulder hurts, but I swim through it. If I go more than a day without getting in the pool, I literally go stir crazy! Not that I've been anti-exercise, but I certainly never thought I'd be the girl that needs exercise to keep my energy levels within the sane range.
6) I've learned what it is to hate and love something at the same time. Do I hate swimming? About 80% of the time, yes. Do I love swimming? About 110% of the time, yes! Do I hate my teammates? All the time...but at the same time I love them.
They are my family. I'd do anything for them, even if I can't stand to be around them all the time. We have more fun together than any other group of people I know. We dance, we sing, and we support each other through thick and thin. Of all the lessons I've learned this season, this has been number 1. Sometimes we forget to be grateful for what we have, but right now, I'm feeling grateful for my family, my team family, my health, and swimming! We leave for Conference tomorrow and I'm so incredibly excited.
Wish us luck!
Anna
No comments:
Post a Comment